Each VA site has a POC or Person of Contact for Caregiver referrals. As the POC, your responsibilities are:
- All workshop self-referrals for your site will 1st be delegated to you.
- Please take action in the next 5 business days to update this Caregiver’s record. Visit "My Referrals" or “Referral at my Location” to add the CARMA ID and Caregiver Type. The Caregiver can’t pick a BBC workshop until a CSC has added a CARMA ID and Caregiver Type to their BBC record.
If you are not familiar with this Caregiver and can’t find them in CARMA, this is a wonderful opportunity to engage a CG who may not be in the program but is eligible for PCAFC or the General CG Program to receive support and services. Please follow up within 5 business days and offer the Caregiver PGCSS or PCAFC program.
- For PGCSS, the caregiver must have completed the "intake process", then you may select "Program of general caregiver support services"
- If the caregiver has summited PCAFC application who status pending or approved, then you may select "Program of comprehensive assistance for family caregivers". Caregivers who have applied for PCFAC but are pending approval, still may qualify for BBC workshop while they wait.
- When a caregiver has made a self-referral. the POC is the designated their CSC and responsible for the caregiver in the event we are concerned about a caregiver during a workshop.
- A Backup POC is designated for each site, in the event the POC can not be reached.
- A POC can delegate a caregiver to another CSC at the site using the "Transfer" option in "My referrals". see instructions. If transferred, the new delegated CSC will then have the caregiver appear on their "My Referrals" list and be notified.
- If you have attempted to contact the caregiver at least 3 times, with no response then mark "No response from caregiver (csc has attempted to call up to 3 times and no response) (NO RESPONSE)"
- If caregiver declines ALL CSP or fails to return application in 10 days, mark "Declined csp services or failed to return application within 10 days (Caregiver-DECLINED)"
- If you contact the caregiver and find out they do not qualify for any part of the Caregiver Support Program select: "Not eligible for csp (ex: caregiver is not caring for a vet enrolled in VA healthcare system) (NOT ELIGIBLE)"